Half term is around the corner, so if you aren’t revising for exams, isn’t it more productive to have planned something to get up and out for – especially if you are in London. We wanted to share with you our favourite ideas for some summer fun with children. Whether it is a weekend, half term, or summer holidays, there is something here for everyone.
In no particular order here are 5 fabulous bits of fun, and remember if you are out wearing your Papouelli shoes, please tag us @papouelli and use #mypapouellis for us to see.
- Chihuly at Kew Gardens. This is a stunning multi-coloured glass installation on a trail through the gardens. Kew are fabulous with their kids trails, so this is a must in our colourful eyes. There is a new playground opening on the 18 May 2019.
- Under the Moon at the Natural History Museum. A huge moon has gone up at the NHM to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first landing on the moon. This is free to see, and as ever have lots of events to support this new installation. Also check out Greenwich. They too have some fabulous events going on over the summer. Check your full moon calendar first!
- Queen Victoria would have been 200 years old this year. To celebrate Kensington Palace have an exhibition opening at her childhood home. Buckingham Palace will also be running their summer exhibition in her honour. The Royal Palaces are a fabulous day out. If you go to Buckingham Palace, your ticket then allows you in again for free on another day.
- Spencer House No under 8’s, but if you want to see a spectacular house one Sunday, then head here. A mini Buckingham Palace, exquisite rooms, details and wonderful history stories from the guides. Spencer House is only open on Sunday.
- Go Boats : Rent a little electrical boat in Paddington for an hour and be charmed by the sites along the London canals. A little wildlife, hopefully not too much pollution. If you book early enough, check out the Daisy & May Green barge for lunch or even brunch if you are up and out early enough.